Health Policy Coordinator
The Alliance for a Better Community (ABC) is seeking a highly motivated and passionate individual to serve as its Health Policy Coordinator. This individual will be responsible for developing and managing ABC’s health activities and policy efforts to promote healthy outcomes and behaviors for Latinos in Los Angeles. The Health Policy Coordinator will directly manage ABC’s health initiatives which seek to implement policy, systems and environmental changes to improve nutrition, increase physical activity and reduce obesity, with specific focus in LA County’s disadvantaged communities. In addition, the Health Coordinator will also be responsible for expanding and strengthening the organizations healthy policy agenda to advocate for improved health outcomes for Latinos across Los Angeles.
The mission of the Alliance for a Better Community is to promote equity for Latinos in education, health, economic development and civic engagement for the betterment of the Los Angeles region. In 2000, a coalition of concerned Latino leaders created ABC as a result of a shared desire to establish a mechanism that responds to and shapes Latino policy in Los Angeles so that our community experiences a rewarding and healthy quality of life.
1. Develop and execute a policy agenda to address ABC’s priority areas in health.
2. Identify and establish health policy priorities for the organization that are research based relevant to the communities we serve.
3. Monitor and analyze health policies that impact ABC’s areas of focus.
4. Communicate pertinent health policy information to partners, community and stakeholders
5. Work closely with ABC’s Health Organizer to develop strategies for engaging parents, administration, and other key stakeholders.
6. Establish working relationships with the community, and various agencies to promote the development of health promotion and prevention.
7. Participate in the activities of local health initiatives including the California Endowments Building Healthy Communities Initiative.
8. Work with various stakeholders including policy makers, civic leaders, and health advocates to develop, and implement ABC’s health policy agenda.
1. Education: Minimum of an undergraduate degree, preferred master’s degree from accredited college or university in Public Health, Urban Planning, Public Policy, Health Science, or related field.
2. Community Knowledge: Priority will be given to applicants with experience working with Los Angeles County, city, school districts, or state organizations and agencies, specifically in the communities of Boyle Heights and Pico Union.
3. Technical Knowledge: Substantial knowledge of research, practice and public policy issues related to health.
4. Leadership Skills: Strong track record in leading broad-based, multicultural coalitions.
5. Team Building Skills: Able to work independently, within a team environment and lead collaborative efforts to accomplish goals and objectives.
6. Organizational Skills: Excellent project management (attention to detail, creating project budgets and time lines) and multi-tasking skills (prioritizing work effectively)
7. Communications Skills: Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Preference for bilingual candidates (Spanish & English)
8. Valid CA drivers license, reliable transportation and current auto insurance
Salary: $55,000 to $65,000 per year
Scope: Fulltime position available immediately
Send resumes and cover letter to email@example.com or Alliance for a Better Community, 350 Bixel Street, Suite 180, Los Angeles, CA 90017 or FAX (213) 250-0151. No calls please
This page is fully managed by Conexion, LLC.